Iowa State University (ISU) Seed Science Center (SSC) proudly announces the appointment of Rebecca Noe as a full-time Research Scientist I at the Seed Health Lab. Noe, a student employee at the lab for nearly three years, brings a deep-rooted passion for agriculture and a wealth of hands-on experience to her new role.

“With her blend of passion, experience, and dedication, Rebecca Noe is poised to make significant contributions to the field of seed science, continuing the rich tradition of excellence at Iowa State University’s Seed Science Center,” said Kaitlin Metzger, Seed Health Lab Manager.

Noe’s interest in the seed industry was sparked early on, influenced by her father’s 30-plus years of work in the field. This background led her to the SSC’s Seed Health Lab in August 2021, where she started as a part-time student worker.

“I have always been interested in science and agriculture as I grew up on a family farm in central Illinois,” said Noe, reflecting on her journey. “This is really where my love for agriculture and passion for research began. I came to Iowa State in 2020 to study agronomy and quickly added seed science as a secondary major.”

Noe completed her bachelor’s degree in Fall 2023 and is currently pursuing her master’s degree in Agronomy. She says she is enthusiastic about the SSC’s future and opportunities.

“I believe that SSC offers the opportunity to continue to learn and grow as a seed scientist,” Noe said. “We have some amazing individuals who work here at the SSC, and it is a pleasure to work with and learn from them!”

Outside the lab, Noe enjoys various activities with her fiancé, Nate, and their dog, Waylon, a three-year-old Aussie-shepherd lab mix. “Outside work, I enjoy hiking and exploring central Iowa with Nate and Waylon. I also enjoy reading, baking, caring for my many houseplants, and spending time with friends and family.”