The Iowa State University Seed Science Center (SSC) Seed Laboratory welcomes Mattea Boettcher as the new Customer Care Assistant.  Seed Lab Manager Michael Stahr says she is an excellent addition to the staff.

“Mattea has a strong background in agriculture, having worked at multiple ag businesses, and she grew up on a farm,” said Stahr.  “In her previous position, she worked extensively with customers by phone and in person.”

While Mattea graduated from the Des Moines Area Community College with a degree in Agri-business, her agriculture education began at a much younger age.

“I grew up on a farm near Beaver, Iowa, where my family raises cattle and dabbles in row crops,” Mattea said.  “My husband and I now live on an acreage near Ogden, where we focus on the row crops on his family farm.”

Mattea previously worked at Ag Growth International as a Customer Service Representative for the United States and Canadian portable grain handling division.  She says she loves being outside, helping on the farm, and capturing the beauty of country living through photographs.  She is excited to continue her ag customer service career at the SSC Seed Lab.

“I am looking forward to building relationships with the customers,” Mattea said.  “But also learning more about all the different ways you can test seed and the ways it benefits the farmers in understanding how to improve their crops.”